ZIPLINING FOR BEGINNERS: EVERYTHING YOU OUGHT TO KNOW
You may have heard your friends talk about how great an experience ziplining is, and you want to experience it as well. Well, it is normal to feel a little worry and anxiety during your first ziplining experience, but you should not let the feelings get in the way of your ziplining experience. If anything, you should relax and enjoy the moment.
Ziplining is the best way to enjoy surreal scenery, tropical jungles, and the beautiful beauty of nature. The experience provides a sudden rush of adrenaline and thrills, but it is not scary if you are fully educated and prepared in advance. Many people who are a little anxious before their first ziplining experience have all their fears melt away within the first few seconds of the ziplining adventure.
Here is everything you ought to know about zip lining for beginners.
Although zipline engineering may differ from one park to another, they must prioritize safety. Before you go for ziplining, you will be wearing special equipment to enable you to fly at high speeds on the zipline while keeping you safe. Any reputable ziplining park inspects its ziplining equipment regularly to ensure ultimate safety and high quality. Let’s look at some special equipment you must use when ziplining.
- Helmet- you must wear a helmet when ziplining to protect your head from injury as with any other sport. Ensure the helmet is firm and free from any damage such as cracks before wearing it. It should also be firmly situated on the top of your head, and your ziplining guide can help you strap it in firmly on your head.
- Harness- you also need to wear a harness when ziplining, which you attach to the zip line via a rope. Ensure the guide inspects the harness before your first ziplining experience. It should be comfortable and free from any broken stitching.
- Pulleys, lanyards, carabiners, and trolleys are used to carry you through the zipline safely. They should be free from damage, and your guide should ensure they are safe before you use them.
Although ziplining is an exciting adventure that is totally safe, you must take all the necessary precautions to ensure your safety because you will be soaring high in the air at high speeds. Most importantly, listen to your ziplining guide carefully and follow all the instructions. Wear all the safety equipment, and do not jump off the zipline platform unless you are instructed to.
You should also be patient until all the other zipliners are cleared before taking your turn and pay attention to safety briefings. Also, avoid ziplining if you are pregnant, above the weight limit, or have any other complications.
Some ziplining tips
- Wear closed shoes such as sneakers.
- Dress appropriately and, if possible, avoid skirts and dresses.
- Ensure your pockets are empty to avoid losing valuables when ziplining.
- Play it safe and avoid taking selfies while ziplining.
- Wear sunscreen and insect repellant to strong rays of sunshine and bugs in the jungle.
Ziplining is a thrilling and exciting experience if you prepare in advance. Knowing what to expect gives you confidence during your first ziplining experience.
Comments are closed.